Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 18, 2015

Sorry I wasn't on last week everyone, I was too busy talking to MY FAMILY! So, I guess I'm not too sorry!! I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day. 

I'm officially halfway through my first transfer!! Ahh crazy! This week we had our Zone Conference with President and his wife. 6 hours long.... But it was so good! We talked about building our faith and how we can do that. Faith is a gift of the Spirit, so we must seek after it through prayer. Being humble and obedient are key to growing faith. Beyond that, I'm focusing on remembering the Savior more throughout every day. I've learned that merely thinking of Him has so much power. And can really help us change our lives through His Atonement! His example is one of perfect obedience, humility and love. Those are all the qualities we need to build faith and grow closer to God. When we remember Him, even the hard days are good days. 

Earlier this week I had a day of bad luck I would call it. I have a pictures to sum up the day. But in the span of about two hours I broke my umbrella, split tea ata member's home, then stepped on her cat, and then kinda dropped one of her puppies. And then fell in the mud! Learn to laugh at yourself and pick up and keep going. When we think of the Savior, we forget about our little problems and help others as He would. ( And don't worry, the animals are fine.) 

 We've been focusing a lot on service this week as a companionship. Armenians are very good at service. We have members that are always giving us flowers and food and anything they can do. We are trying to show them that we are here for them as well. We are cleaning a inactive member's home and she is finally opening up to us and coming back to church! Service works miracles. It helps you love others and yourself. We organized a Relief Society activity this week too. We met at the church and had a great turn out! One of our investigators is a cake maker and she made us a cake for the activity with the Church's name on it, minus the "saints" part haha. It was delicious though. We played Pin the Tail on the Bunny and danced the night away! It was so great. I hope we can all take the time to think of Christ more throughout our lives and serve our fellow brothers and sisters!

I know that we will seethe blessings of simple acts and our faith will be strengthened!! Have a great week everyone!