Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 5, 2015 Cat in the Church

This week was crazy. We've had a lot of people dropping us lately... So that's kinda rough. And we feel like we can't find new investigators! But we're working on it. Sister Kindt said last transfer, people would just walk into church... And in Hrazdan, pretty much anyone would invite us into their homes. None of those things are happening lately sooo we're trying to figure something out.Also we've been getting stuck out in little villages in the middile of NOWHERE lately because transportation comes late, or people aren't home when we planned to come... Mission life!!!! I feel like I've learned a lot about the Lord's timing lately. I've seen how He really does prepare people to later receive the Gospel. I feel like sometimes I'm more on the "helping people prepare" side of things, if that makes sense. I've taught so many people that I know have so much potential! But then they just aren't ready... But I know that by meeting us when they did, the Lord is preparing them. I've learned a lot about patience from that as well. Patience is really trusting in the Lord to fulfill hhis promises and relying on His timing. We were teaching this great girl that was about 15, but her brother told her she can't meet with us anymore... I was sad. And a little mad, honestly. But I know that God has a plan. And HE is in charge, not this girl's brother. So it will all be okay. We do what we can and the Lord does the rest. Or more like the Lord does absolutely everything. I haven't seen conference yet (we'll watch it next week) but thanks for all the previews everybody! I've been overwhelmed lately at how cool it is that we have a LIVING prophet today. How crazy is that?! God loves us so much, He wants to guides us each indivdually and as a people today. I can't wait to watch conference! We do have towo baptisms this week after conference!! Two old grandmas that are friends with some women in the ward. They are awesome! They both started coming on their own about two months ago and both want to get baptized so bad! We are very excited for them both. So it's going to be a great weekend! This week we had about 60 members at church!!! It was so great! We also had no electricity and STILL have no electricity... but it was still great! The members are awesome! Once a month people bring food and they give it to all the members! It's so great. Everything is great haha. Oh so we were in Ward Council and we had some scheduling problems so we were texting the elders about it and our text tone thing is the sound of a cat. Of course we forgot to turn the sond off so you just here this little "meow" from the back of the room and everyone freaks out and to this very moment they all think there was a cat in the church... I just got an update about my favorite little branch in Hrazdan as well!! They had over 30 people at church on Sunday!! YAY!!! Things were kind of falling apart when I left. My last sunday there, there were only 4 members in church. So things are looking up!!! Love you all! Love this work! Pray that time will slow down for me, because I'm only a little bit slightly freaking out that it's already OCTOBER. what. Mets sirov, Sister Blanchard