Tuesday, September 22, 2015

September 21, 2015- Saying Hello to Artashat!

Transfers happened... I'm really bummed to leave Hrazdan and all those great people... But I've been transferred to Artashat with my companion from the MTC, Sister Kindt!!! Woohoo!!!! Here's a little about the area: It's really hot. Like really hot. We're right by Mount Ararat which is really cool! We're also right next to the Turkey border, which is scary! There's cockroaches in our house. We have scented toilet paper. Right now green apple. We have a WARD!!!! A big, beautiful, functioning ward! Some guy owns some bears here. So our taxi driver bought us some apples and we fed them. Our pianist at church is this little old lady that plays like old west rag time. Imagine a silent film. It's like that music. But hey, at least we have a piano. In Hrazdan it was a CD player. Baby steps, baby steps. That's about all I got right now. Things are super great here. We've been working a lot with new and less active members this week because there's a lot of them. I think there's 400 members and about 40 come consistently. We have some great members and investigators too. I already love it here. I had to translate during church on Sunday for a lady from the Philippines who is here in the Peace Crops. So that was crazy! I can't believe I can do that kinda stuff.... I just feel so privileged every day to be a part of this great and marvelous work. The Lord is constantly helping and blessing us as long as we just try our best! I love you all, have a great week! Sister Blanchard

We have a real church building!!!



I don't know if you can see it, but that's my bear friends!!