Thursday, February 5, 2015

Are you doing your best?

Hello my dearest friends and family!


Wow I don't even know how to begin. Life here is crazy from the moment you get dropped off! I was right into class that hour and the teachers speak only Armenian. I have an amazing companion, Sister O'Boyle. She is a solo sister going to Singapore, Malay speaking (she's the only one in class!!). We have become very close and balance each other out so well. I am so grateful to have companionships! I have only two other sisters in my class, Sister Kindt and Sister Nyberg and that's it. They are great disciples of Jesus Christ and we try every day to help support and push each other. These girls are all in my residence room along with two other sisters going to Indonesia. It's packed! But they are all great.


I have already learned SO much. I prayed in Armenian (very poorly) on the second day of class! And the three Armenians (we're called the Arms) taught our first investigator in Armenian on the third day! I can't believe how much I have learned in such a short time. The one thing above all that I have learned, is that the Lord is fully in charge of our lives and this great work. There is no way I could be as far along as I am in my studies here without out the guidance of His Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues. The MTC is extremely difficult. We are pushed far beyond our own capabilities, forcing us to rely on the Lord. I have never prayed so much in my entire life. And as a result, I have never seen so many miracles. Miracles happen everyday, in small and great ways. And I know the Lord is aware of our feelings. There are days I feel overwhelmed, or too weak, or that I cannot measure up. And when I have plead with the Lord in earnest prayer, He has not only walked along side me, but picked me up when I have fallen, and carried me when I can no longer stand.


I had a wonderful experience on Sunday at church. Our branch is very small, about only 16 or so. We took the sacrament, just like I have done all my life. But this week, I am sad to admit, I was feeling the weight of my calling and viewing all the imperfections I have as roadblocks in the way of my success. As I took the sacrament, I could feel the spirit so strongly saying to me, "it is a fresh new week, just try again". Whenever I am discouraged, or unsure of my progress, I have stopped to evaluate my progress. Am I doing my best? If you are working to your fullest potential and relying on the Lord, He is so proud of the efforts we put forth, no matter how big or small they may seem to us.


The MTC is a great place. A place of learning, humility, love, service, happiness, struggles, and peace. I love accomplishing goals and seeing how far I have come! I am so excited to serve the people of Armenia. I know that is the reason I am at the MTC. That is the reason I am struggling in class countless hours a day to teach more effectively and speak a difficult language. I know that Heavenly Father loves all His children and I am blessed to wear my name next to His as I bring people the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


Thank you for you support and love! I love to hear from all of you. I pray for you everyday and I know the Lord is watching over you.


I'll try to send pictures next week! I'm still trying to figure out the whole email situation!! Sorry!

Love, Sister Blanchard