Friday, February 20, 2015

Three Weeks. No Naps.

I think that weirdest part of this whole experience is honestly that I'm nearing a month at the MTC and I haven't had a single nap... Seriously. I don't know how I'm a functioning human being 90% of the time! Heavenly Father is helping me through it!

I hope everyone is having a great week! And I hope Valentine's Day was prime. V Day isn't super popular around the MTC to be honest. 

This week was busy and great as usual! We are teaching "investigators" every day. Our teachers role play as investigators that they taught on their missions. It's very cool. I've learned a lot about the culture and the people from this., Although I know it is fake, it's really cool because we are still getting to know and learning to love real people! I'm learning a lot about how the basic principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ will help people at any stage of life. We also do something called TRC every Thursday night where people from Armenia or that served in Armenia come and we get to talk to them and teach them in Armenian! I love meeting those people! I feel like it has really helped me improve my language skills!! I'm working very hard and I am constantly amazed at how much I have learned in just three weeks. 

This week I have had some very special experiences with prayer. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He gave us a way to communicate with Him. I know that he wants to hear from us every day! There are times when we are put into situations that we cannot control. I have learned that there is a real power in a sincere and heartfelt prayer to God in the name of Jesus Christ. Because no matter what, He is in control.

I am thankful for all of you, again, and your endless support and prayers. I am loving my time here and I can't wait to be in Armenia! I pray that you will all find peace and happiness in this life. 

Love,
Sister Blanchard

"But Ammon said unto him: do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joyand will rejoice in my God.
Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of myself, but will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12-13