Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Patience is Key

We had a bit of a tough week. It was super cold last Friday! And an old grandma called me fat! We also broke our phone! And we have a lot of investigators that aren't progressing right now. There are a lot of great people, but we didn't get to teach too much this week. But it's been fun getting to talk to a lot of new people too! And our members are so great.

I'm really working on trusting in the Lord and His timing. I know that as we are obedient and follow the promptings of the Spirit, we will those who are prepared for this Gospel. My companion and I were talking about Ammon this morning. He was called to preach the Gospel to the Lamanites and he had it ROUGH! yet, he still trusted in and praised God. "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land. 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. "

Not only did he endure through his trials, Ammon REJOICED in his trials. We can do this too! Yeah it's hard, and cold, and we have a dumb phone now and I'm apparently fat, God is so GOOD and He will provide. He makes up the difference for ur shortcomings and He uses us as tools to accomplish His work!

I love His gospel and know that He has a perfect plan for the rest of eternity for all of His children! And you know what's great? This plan allows us to be happy each and every day! No matter what! I hope everyone remembers that. And remember that you are loved infinitely and perfectly by Heavenly Father and Hisson Jesus Christ!

Have a HAPPY week! Sister Blanchard