Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 2- Armenia

So much to say!!! First of all, sorry for any typos, but my hands are FROZEN. It's freezing here pretty much all the time! But aside from that, everything is great! 

I've really been trying to dedicate my heart, might, mind and strength to the work this week. I think sometimes it's easier to dedicate might and strength, but neglect to fully involve your heart and mind. But the more I've been trying to turn my wants an desires and needs over to Heavenly Father, the more energy and abilities I have! I have more courage to speak and reach out to people and i can stay more focused an alert throughout he whole day! 

Heavenly Father is truly able to make so much more out of our lives that we can on our own. I probably say that every week, but it's true! I could not do any of this without Him. We have three baptisms scheduled for this Saturday and some other progressing investigators as well! People here are truly prepared. 

Last Saturday, we met a woman on the street that didn't seem super interested to me, but then she came to church the next day with her daughter! And we've been meeting with her and she loves everything we say! We found out she even went and watched conference yesterday with the branch! The people really are so inspiring. 

So I wish i could explain to you all how good the food is... Like, honestly it's super great. And everybody feeds you here!! Which is good, but also makes me feel bad a lot of times. But anyway, not every meal is amazing I've learned... The other day, we went to a home and they brought out this like casserole dish of something... i watched my companion eat it first to see her reaction and she seemed fine. But then the people left the room for a minute and she put a huge piece back... uh oh. I didn't have the time to do that!! I had to eat it... It was literally like some sort of meat with some grassy looking stuff held together with fat... like gelatin-y fat stuff. It was seriously the most disgusting thing i have ever eaten! And I'm scared to go back... 

On a more serious note, we got to watch general conference yesterday. I love how much of the meetings were focused on the family. I know that the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are the only way to sustain families in these last days. I have seen already how families with the gospel have been strengthened here in Armenia! And I'm so grateful to be a witness of the truth and hope of the gospel. So tell your families you love them and remember to look to Jesus Christ as your perfect example and loving friend! 

God Bless, Sister Blanchard Thank you to everyone for your love and righteous examples as well!!!