Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015: Week 41. What?

So I just ahve a little cold right now. But I've had it for like two weeks! And yesterday I thought I was getting over it and ended up with a fever. Yes, Sister Kindt did leave me. She had been in the area 7 and a half months so it was time for a change. She's moving up to the big city! Sister Frank came down with me. She was in my district first transfer, but I didn't get to know her that well at that time. Some things about Sister Frank: -She has a HUGE heart. always thinking of others -She's from Hawaii but she's lived all over the world! -She's got this crazy infectious loud laugh that I LOVE -She is teaching my how to play the piano because she is SO good. -She's been out a year now I love her so much. Surprisingly, I know the area better than I thought I would and we are both feeling like we are getting great work done! We are also helping some of our members build a pig sty... Never thought I'd be doing that! I don't feel like a lot has changed this week. We have one investigator that is doing great. She comes to church, she's had all the lessons and everything. We're just waiting for her to get a marriage lisence. That's a problem here for a lot of people. I think they are expensive or something and so a lot of people just don't get them... I know she wants to get it, but they're pretty poor and her daughter needs surgery soon, so it's been hard for them. We just keep praying for her! Some super Armenian things: -they say if you put chili powder in your hair that it will grow faster. -they say that when a woman is about to have a baby, if she steals an egg from her mother and eats it, her baby will have dimples. (so my mom is a thief) -they say if you eat straight kiwi for two weeks you will be able to see 100% -they say if you eat honey and melon at the same time you will be poisoned -they say if you eat a lot of sweet potatoes you will have twins That's all I got. Just a heads up, next week Eler and Sister Kacher, from the Area Presidency, are coming to do a meeting with us on monday. So I won't be emailing until tuesday next week. Thank you all for your support. I am so happy here. Jesus Christ lives! He is our Savior and best friend! His Gospel is the way to happiness now and for eternity! He loves all His children no matter what. He made EVERYTHING possible for us. And He is calling us all to come unto Him and find peace. "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12 The world is getting dark. We can all see that. But when we focus on Christ, we don't feel that darkness. His light and love is is stronger, greater, and more abiding than all the works of darkness. In everything we do, let's focus on Him. He will light our way and carry our load. Through Him, we are all enough. համբուրում եմ, քույր Blanchard

Sunset and Ararat! 


Guys, yesterday was my hump day. Half way done. Yikes!


I broke the faucet and got water everywhere.