Friday, March 27, 2015

I Can Do Hard Things

This week has been a roller coaster! I don't have a whole lot to say... Travel plans came last Friday. We fly out Tuesday morning to Atlanta Georgia, then to Paris and to Armenia! I can't wait and ever since we got the travel plans, everything goes by really really slowly! We skyped again yesterday with a man in Armenia! We talked to him a few weeks ago too and he said our Armenian is sounding a lot better! He also said everyone there is impatiently waiting for our arrival! This week, I have seen a lot of my shortcomings very prominently. I feel very inadequate sometimes. And I'm a little scared to leave. Excited, yes. But also nervous. I couldn't understand why I was feeling so down. I think there are two main reasons I've noticed. One, this really is the Lord's work of saving souls. And Satan doesn't want that. He's doing whatever he can to makes sure I don't feel like I can go and serve the people in Armenia. Second, I think Heavenly Father has blessed me to see some of my shortcomings so much this week. It's allowed me to see so many ways I can improve. It has helped me to rely on Jesus Christ and the power of the Atonement. I am so grateful for the opportunities God gives me everyday to improve. Christ truly does fix broken things. He has fixed me and strengthened me and made up for my shortcomings every day. And that is why I'm here. To share this message of hope and love with the people who are searching for the truth. Well, till next week when I'm in ARMENIA!!!

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27