Thursday, March 5, 2015

Miracle Week


Hope all is well!! This week was definitely full of small miracles that I am eternally grateful for.

First huge miracle: I've been here a whole month as of yesterday! I can't believe that, but it means I'm almost half way done here and on my way to Armenia!

Sister O'Boyle and I are the new Zone Sister Training Leaders! Just in time for everyone to get sick... Everyone is catching colds! And about a week ago, Sister Kindt (a sister going to Armenia) got mono. And another sister in the district got a staff infection... So things have been crazy. I have been alone in class a lot and all the sisters have had to go on temporary exchanges so everyone has the opportunity to go to class some. It's pretty scary and stressful. We are being super careful about germs, and having to run people meals and things. We are all over the place. Sister O'Boyle said that Heavenly Father thought we were all just doing so well that we needed a little more of a challenge. I like that reasoning the best. This experience has really bonded us and helped us each have more charity and patience. 

Late on Monday night, Sister Kindt asked for a priesthood blessing. Some elders in our zone gave her a simple and profound blessing of healing and recovery. Afterwards, she was very weak and went back to the room to sleep with her companion. She wanted water though so Sister O'Boyle and I went to a vending machine in the basement laundry room. I swiped my card, and it wouldn't register. We looked and the time and realized it was passed 10:15 when the vending machines are no longer working. We turned to leave and about two seconds later, we heard a water fall from the vending machine. We had no idea how it happened, but we knew why. It was a small assurance of God's hand in our lives. It seems like a simple thing, but it demonstrated to us that Heavenly Father is so aware of the struggles we face. He cares so deeply about each individual on this earth and we felt that late on Monday kneeling in grateful prayer on the floor of the laundry room.

The sisters are beginning to heal and everyone is doing well. My studies continue to improve as I apply myself and rely on the Lord. 

My time is up! I pray that you will all feel the love that God has for you! And wash your hands!!!

Love,
Sister Blanchard

"My God hath been my support; He hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and He hath perserved me on the waters of the great deep."
2nd Nephi 4:20