Monday, April 4, 2016

February 1, 2016- Random

I have a bunch of random things to say and I don't know where this is going so here we go!! [Planet Skirt] About two years ago a sister from our mission got a package from her grandma (pro seamstress) with a skirt in it and she was soooo excited. She opens it to find about the ugliest skirt you could imagine (pictures will follow). And now all the sisters in the mission have worn it for a day. This week was my day. It was a magical day. [BAPTISM] Our miracle investigator got baptized!! It was a great service. She just kept saying that she felt renewed. Baptisms are amazing. And after church yesterday, she sat in a lesson with us! We are so excited for her. [Sisters and Splits and Things] Sister Bauserman's companion finally made it and they are off safe in their area!! Also the Sister Training Leaders from Georgia came down and spent a few days with us! It was so fun to learn from them and work together. [Malatia] Unfortunately, since we live in Kentron, we have a lot more work here and I feel like I don't know the people in Malatia as well. BUT, we had a great ward activity this week! It was kind of a Christmas/New Year/Everything party! But it was so fun. We had a great time! I wish I could send pictures!! You all missed out! [Mission Leadership Council] We had the longest meeting of our LIVES! I think it was eight hours this time. But I love being able to help everyone. We got the new Addiction Recovery books here. Our senior missionaries did some training for us because the addiction recovery program will be on our shoulders for a while. They advised us, even though we don't have any addictions, to try it and get familiar with the process. It really is an inspired program. It has helped me realize how much of an active role the Savior's atonement takes in my life every day. I encourage everyone to try it out. [God answers prayers] I feel like I'm always talking about this, but the more I'm here, the more I am understanding the way the Lord answers prayers. Sister Steele and I set some goals this week to focus on helping investigators progress. We prayed the Lord would help us meet our goal with a family were just found. They didn't seem to understand the importance of what we were teaching. But we set a goal to help them. So even though we weren't sure about it, we tried really hard to bear testimony and help them understand. And the Spirit softened their hearts and they accepted a baptismal date. Sometimes The prayer of help that we offer gives us strength enough to make it happen. God doesn't just give us everything we want while we sit back. But if we have true desire to help people, He will help us push us to make great things happen. I love this Gospel. I love the simplicity and the truths taught in the Book of Mormon. It has helped me to see clearly things that I couldn't quite understand about my life. It brings me comfort and joy to read that book. I know that Christ is our Savior. And that means He is helping us now and through eternity. Happiness can be found amidst the trials in life. President Spencer W Kimball said: “I have learned that where there is a prayerful heart, a hungering after righteousness, a forsaking of sins, and obedience to the commandments of God, the Lord pours out more and more light until there is finally power to pierce the heavenly veil. ... A person of such righteousness has the priceless promise that one day he shall see the Lord’s face and know that he is. " This promise is true. I am so blessed to have felt that power in my own life. And I am now even more blessed to help others find that same power and happiness. Love you all! Sister Blanchard