Monday, April 4, 2016

March 14, 2016- Finding Forever Families

Hi everyone! I hope life is great over in the states or wherever you are in the world! And I hope everyone is adjusting well to daylight savings. We don't have that in Armenia. I'm not really sure why... We had zone meeting this week with our new zone! There's me and Sister Hutchinson and five companionships of elders. I like everyone in our zone a lot. They're great missionaries. We talked a lot about finding forever families! Most all of the converts in Armenia are referrals from members. And it's even better when the member's family! We have so many part member families here and we want to complete families in the Gospel! We have a huge list of part member families we want to teach, so it's going to be great!!!! We haven't been able to meet with a a lot of those people yet, but we did find an awesome investigator on the streets! We've been going to a village this week more than I ever have but we've met some cool people! We met this woman who was working in her garden and we just said hi and she asked if we had anything she could read. So we gave her a pamphlet and really didn't think a whole lot of it. But she called about an hour later and said she had read the pamphlet and had some questions she wanted to talk about! We went back and met with her and her mom. They have never heard of the church before. It was cool to think that the impression they have of the church was based upon the interaction they had with us. We taught her the message of the restoration. The lesson just felt a little scattered. But she said she wants to read the Book of Mormon to find out more. I know that I still have so many weaknesses as a teacher, but know matter what He is working with, God will make it enough. Other things.... I got us lost really bad this week. Only twice. But still. I've got a good grip on some places but I'm still very directionally challenged. In other good news, Tatik came to a church activity with us! She has such a hard time getting places. It took us 8 minutes to get up the five flights of stairs on the way home! It was worth it though she loved it! And best of all we had a baptism on friday!!! It was so great. Pretty much everyone was late and it was a little hectic. We tried to set the example of sitting reverently and being on time. Despite people being late, it went so well. I don't think I've ever taught anyone who had such a sure testimony of the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our church. She came up out of the water and let out this big sigh of relief. It was adorable. I love seeing people that are making steps towards eternal life! That's all I got! I love being a missionary!!!!! And I love Armenia!!!!! Mets Sirov Sister Blanchard