Monday, April 4, 2016

November 23, 2015- It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

This week flew by... I feel like it didn't even happen! I also feel like I say that every week. We had a ward activity on wednesday. It was supposed to be a relief society activity but the bishop sort of hijacked it and turned it into a "let's all clean the church" activity. Soo we swept dirt from off the sidewalk... But it actually turned out really well. We had a lot of members come that I wasn't expecting to be there and built some good relationships with more members. Afterwards we ate Khash. It's basically cow hoof boiled in oil and water for like a long long long time and then add some garlic. The armenians loooove it. It was okay.haha But after the dumb soup we had a dance party! And that was great.

I went on splits this week! I went up to Center and it was a really fun split. I've never ran into so many people on the street that wantedto know what "news" we had for them. I just wanted to yell out to everyone WE HAVE A PROPHET ON THE EARTH TODAY!!!! Our news is the best news there ever was! It is the marvelous work that has been prophecied about since the beginning of the world! And I am a part of that?!? Are we blessed or what?

Also, the city is just awesome. It's so big and there's so many people and things to do. Also I found The Fault in our Stars in armenian. So I really like the city. One day I'll serve there maybe. Also, after the split, I just felt really good about coming home to Artashat. I can't explain it, but I know this is where i'm supposed to be.

We had a stake cultural event on friday too! One of our investigators came with her family. It was pretty much like a big talent show. There were singers, dancers, poets, other musician things, and a bunch of traditional foods and clothes and things. It was so fun. We got to dance and sing altogether. I loved it! And I finally got to see my little branch from Hrazdan!!!!!! It was the world's best reunion.

Also, last night Sister F and I went Christmas crazy. We found a little Christmas tree and made a little Christmas corner in our living room. I'll send home some pictures. It's been giving me so much joy. I went to bed smiling last night and thinking about how great life is! Seriously. There are so many little fun awesome things to be happy about every day! I just love it. 

This is Christ's true church. We have the authority once again on the earth to save the souls of mankind. Thanks to the mercies and love and atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify that He lived a sinless life on this earth, died for us all, and lives again for us all today. He leads and guides His children. The blessings Heavenly Father has for us are beyon our comprehension if we even try to do what is right. 

I love you all. 

Sister Blanchard