Monday, April 4, 2016

January 25, 2016- Home Sweet Home

We're back in the city! I am so happy to be home! But we had a crazy fun week! Hrazdan: Being in Hrazdan was so much fun! We got to visit all of my favorite members. And we helped our investigator get baptized on thursday. It was a great service. It was really cool to be there because I had taught her when I was serving there too. She has grown and changed so much. I am so lucky to have been there to see her baptized. Also, it was freezing. The snow was higher than my knees. I hated that. But it was worth it. Vanadzor: After being there, one of our drivers came and took us to Vanadzor. This is one of the sweetest, most humble people ever. He doesn't talk much, so we prayed that he would share some of his wisdom with us. And he did! He told us a bunch of miracles that he had seen worked through faith and the Preisthood. He has been a part of healing many sick people. He testified to us that this is THE living church; a church of miracles. And it's true. I can't count how many amazing miracles and tender mercies I have seen throughout my life. Our Heavenly Father truly loves us. We went on exchanges with the sisters in Vanadzor. I was back with Sister Chatterton, my trainer, which was so AWESOME. Vanadzor is a really fun place. It's small, but bigger that Hrazdan and it's in a really pretty place in the mountains. We had five sisters in one apartment, so it was basically one big party. On the way home we went to this legendary bakery and ate EVERYTHING. Less Actives: We have been working with a less active mother for a while now. Her family is active so when we go, she just doesn't sit for the lessons basically. But she's been warming up to us these past few times! She sat in the lesson and even prayed! I've learned a lot about consistency this week. You have to keep pushing toward your goals and try everything (even giving your less active a massage) to reach your goal. And our goal is to bring people to Christ. And what's cool is He multiplies our efforts. Just another miracle. Investigator: On our way home from vanadzor, our investigator (with the terrible phone) randomly called us!!!! It was amazing. She just wanted to see how we were doing and when we could meet. She's golden. And we told her there was a baptism she could go to if she wanted to but we wouldn't be able to go. Guess what? She went. :) And she came to church the next day and we had an awesome lesson about the word of wisdom. She drinks coffee but she said she would quit right then and there. We love her. She's gettin in the water for sure. That's about all from me. My advice for the week is this: Pick up the Ensign (or get on lds.org, because you can probably use the internet) and read the talks from last conference. Our prophets and apostles truly know what we need straight from our Father in Heaven. Their inspirational words can help us learn to apply the doctrine of Christ in our day. I know the Thomas S Monson is a prophet called by God to lead and guide not only our church, but the whole world back to our heavenly home. Treasure their words. I love you all. Celebrate hard on Thursday because it's my YEAR MARK Mets sirov, Sister Blanchard